Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Sunshine, Family & Movie Review


Another snowy Easter past! Although this one was much less surprising than last. It was lovely to enjoy the sun as the girls scrambled for colorful plastic eggs filled with nickels and Reece's Peanut butter cups (many of which will disappear during my late evening chocolate attacks).


It was also lovely to enjoy the visit of my parents for 3 1/2 days, which was greatly anticipated by the girls (and myself). I not only enjoy seeing my parents, but reap great rewards from my Mother's help with meals, laundry and child care. We ate well, as always (manicotti, smoked turkey, peach/raspberry cobbler, bean soup, etc, etc), but also enjoyed outings to the Waynesburg Livestock Auction, violin lessons and the Carnegie Science Museum.


We watched a couple of movies, one of which was worth commenting on. "Enchanted" was indeed an enchanting film of a typical, happy animated princess, Giselle, who does not have a care in the world. After meeting her handsome prince, she is ambushed on the way to her wedding by her future Step-Mother-in-law, who is not willing to give up her reign to make way for her step-son and his new bride. Giselle is pushed into a wishing well, and comes out in New York city, fully un-animated, and learns a bit about true love and reality. It is charming, witty, silly enough for the kids and has enough meat for the adults. A gem of a Disney film.


T

1 comment:

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Enchanted film. . .the picture of the girls is just darling. We had our Easter egg hunt in the sunroom again this year and I was reminded of how fun it was to hunt for eggs with your girls last year. . .hopefully we'll make a repeat some day. SO glad to hear the visit was so lovely--I've just got my mom here myself and it takes such a load off of a mothering daughter's mind!