Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Meaning of Dreams

Calling all budding dream interpreters out there...

I had a troubling dream Friday night. In this dream, I spotted two little grey mice running across the bedroom floor, and asked my husband, "where did those come from?" He pointed to the open attic access in the ceiling (which we don't have), where I saw hundreds of mice pouring from the ceiling, falling to the floor, then scattering all over my house. I woke up determined to clean every surface of my house! (Hasn't happened.)

While this dream may have been prompted by my visit to the Museum on Friday, where we saw myriads of stuffed moles, shrews, mice and rodents of all sorts. Or perhaps by watching the Brady Bunch episode Friday night where Greg brings home a white mouse for a Science Project, Jan unwittingly sets it loose, and Alice calls the exterminators after spotting it in the kitchen. I have to wonder...do these night time occurrences really mean anything?


A quick check of http://www.dreammoods.com/ revealed the following information: "To see mice in your dream, symbolizes domestic problems, business loss, deceit, and insincere friends. It represents minor problems in which you are spending too much time dwelling on. To dream that a mouse jumps on you or into your clothing, foretells of scandal in which you will largely figure in."


I have a recurring dream in which I realize that I haven't checked my college campus mailbox for weeks and weeks, but can not remember the combination, or even which box is mine. I still wake feeling troubled, 17 years after graduating from college! According to Dream Moods, "To see a mail box in your dream, represents important information that you are about to receive. Pay particular attention to your dream and what message it is trying to convey to you from your unconscious. If the mailbox is full, then it indicates that you have not digested or accepted these messages."

So, I could either be on the verge of some great scandal because of not accepting the important, yet deceiving, information from insincere friends, or perhaps I shouldn't watch Brady Bunch before bed! I'll let someone else with more dream interpreting ability make that call!

T

3 comments:

Elaines said...

Don't know the meaning of mice in dreams.... I often have dreams about teeth....and a recurring college dream that I was in a class I thought I dropped so I didn't attend, only to find I was still registered and had to take the final!!! I just figured it was stress related, you know, trying to do and remember EVERYTHING. Hope the mice don't mean insincere friends. :)

Elaines said...

Always forget to sign off.

S.

Elaines said...

I hope the mice don't mean insincere friends...perhaps you have rodents on your mind...(almost all of your posts show a rodent category...perhaps it's just an obsession.) I used to have recurring dreams about forgotten locker combinations (usually PE type setting and perhaps involving various forms of dress or nakedness). I also used to dream about elevators that took me to other venues. Now my recurring dreams involve nasty bathrooms...ugh. There's one for dreamworks...
N