Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Ubiquitous Blue Crayon

J age 11 months

I've learned a bit more each year that I have been a mother. For instance, I learned early on that the Crayola crayons that say "washable" on the package, do indeed wash off of windows, tables and even clothing quite easily. They are, however, water soluable, and after being dunked in the dog's water dish, become remarkably like finger paints in a stick. J also enjoyed sucking on them. This picture was taken after I had partially cleaned her up.

This weekend, the last load of laundry came out of the dryer with unidentifiable bright blue marks all over a few pieces. I took a quick look in both the washer and dryer for the offending agent, but seeing nothing, thought no more of it until today. The first load out of the dryer was even more speckled with blue marks than before! I got up on a stool this time, and was able to fish a 3 cm piece of blue crayon out of a crevice near the lint screen. Who knew that crayon could be so destructive in the dryer? Luckily all came out after another quick wash in hot water!

At the moment, J is lying on the floor and howling. She didn't eat her lunch at school, and now is "hungry for something else than my sandwich". Today I'm learning that the "sandwich with all my favorite things on it" (mayo, cheese, onions, tomato and lettuce) that I have frequently resisted making because it is a pain in the neck, is now "icky". Hopefully J will learn to eat her lunch at school.

Education is a good thing. I am hoping to learn a bit about Cardiology today too.

T


2 comments:

Elaines said...

That pic of Jenna is too cute...
N

Elaines said...

Once my mother washed all her underwear with a tube of lipstick. She wore her red spotted panties for years. :)