Sunday, March 30, 2008

Nancy's Holy Bread



Thought I'd post a picture of N's beautiful holy bread. I leave it to N herself to describe the significance of the stamp on top and the part the bread plays in her Orthodox service. I thought it was gorgeous (smelled good, too)!

And here is a little taste of our Easter morning. I wish I had been on top of things enough to actually bake hot cross buns, which is my childhood tradition, but instead we had pound cake (which strikes me as incredibly pagan, as does staying up to all hours the night before stuffing Easter eggs with chocolate Crunch bites while watching Chocolat--but oh, well). And yes, we are still a family of four live and one-in-hiding.


K

1 comment:

Elaines said...

Thanks Kim, for posting the photos! Nancy, the bread looks great! I wish I was more adept at bread making! The girls and I tried to make donuts this weekend because I got a hankering for the type I used to help my Mom make many years ago. We decided to use a recipe in the "Little House Cookbook" (remember when Almanzo's mother made donuts that were twisted and turned themselves over in the oil?). They turned out pretty disappointing AND made a huge mess of the kitchen!
T